- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
- Breaking: Tribunal issues subpoena on INEC Chair over Atiku, PDP’s complaints
- Breaking: Yinka Ayefele finally confirms wife’s delivery of triplets in US
- Breaking: Buhari plays video on INEC’s stand on results transmission
- Breaking: Buhari’s lawyer to play video of INEC Chair ruling out electronic transmission
- Breaking: Presidential Election Tribunal admits 48 compact discs as exhibits
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rules in suit seeking sack of Bulkachuwa
- Breaking: Buhari, APC, INEC object to move by Atiku, PDP to play video at tribunal
How MC Oluomo Lost Lagos NURTW Chairmanship To Odugunle
The National Treasurer for Lagos chapter of the National Road Union Transport Workers, Musiliu Akinsanya, better known as MC Oluomo, has lost his bid to succeed the outgoing chairman of Lagos State chapter, Alhaji Tajudeen Agbede.
Reports suggest that Agbede was instrumental in the emergence of Michael Odugunle as the new chairman of the Lagos union.
According to an insider, Agbede worked against the Oluomo’s bid in becoming the next chairman.
Akinsanya, a close ally of Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu, has been a major contender of the plum job until he was shocked by Agbede’s move, fielding his own preferred successor at the just concluded election.
While MC Oluomo is close to the National Chairman of the ruling party, Agbede is a strong supporter of the immediate past Governor of Lagos State, Akinwunmi Ambode.
Oluomo, the popular favorite street muscles of Tinubu, was disappointed after losing the election.
Agbede and Oluomo have been at each other’s throats for a while over the NURTW chairmanship position.
Agbede, after spending his eight-year tenure in office, ensured that Oluomo did not succeed him.