- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
- Breaking: Tribunal issues subpoena on INEC Chair over Atiku, PDP’s complaints
- Breaking: Yinka Ayefele finally confirms wife’s delivery of triplets in US
- Breaking: Buhari plays video on INEC’s stand on results transmission
- Breaking: Buhari’s lawyer to play video of INEC Chair ruling out electronic transmission
- Breaking: Presidential Election Tribunal admits 48 compact discs as exhibits
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rules in suit seeking sack of Bulkachuwa
- Breaking: Buhari, APC, INEC object to move by Atiku, PDP to play video at tribunal
Nigerian Woman Beats Security, Tries To Sneak Into US-bound Delta Flight
Nigeria woman has been caught by security personnel of Delta Airline as she tried to sneak into the United States of America-bound plane at the Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos.
The woman beat all security operatives at the airport including the Aviation Security of Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria, and personnel of the Nigeria Immigration Service at the airport.
One of the security operatives told SaharaReporters that the woman evaded various security agents from the main entrance of the departure wing of the airport before she was eventually apprehended at the foot of the plane.
At the airport, there are different security points all travelers must go through before they can get to the foot of the plane for boarding.
A source at the airport said,
A security expert said the airport has three security checks manned by Aviation Security personnel of FAAN, NIS, State Security Service, Nigeria Customs Service and operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency.
The security expert added:
A visit to the airport shows that the main gate of the departure wing of the airport is always crowded with non-travellers.
One of the security personnel at the main gate lamented that the overcrowding of the security gate poses a problem for officers on duty, giving them hard time to control the crowds.
The security personnel also said there were shops at the entrance of the main gate where travellers and those seeing them off wait.
Delta Airline representative confirmed the incident to SaharaReporters stating that the security of the airline was not compromised and remains effective.
It was gathered that the woman is currently being confined to a restricted area within the airport known as “tango city”.
Tango city is a place where unruly persons are detained within the terminal before being transferred to a police station for further a possible interrogation.
“The woman is still with us at the tango city. She has availed to us some useful information we would use in contacting her family,” a security source confirmed to SaharaReporters.