- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
- Breaking: Tribunal issues subpoena on INEC Chair over Atiku, PDP’s complaints
- Breaking: Yinka Ayefele finally confirms wife’s delivery of triplets in US
- Breaking: Buhari plays video on INEC’s stand on results transmission
- Breaking: Buhari’s lawyer to play video of INEC Chair ruling out electronic transmission
- Breaking: Presidential Election Tribunal admits 48 compact discs as exhibits
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rules in suit seeking sack of Bulkachuwa
- Breaking: Buhari, APC, INEC object to move by Atiku, PDP to play video at tribunal
- Presidential Election Petition Tribunal: Atiku’s witness admits paying N10,000 to soldiers during election
Okorocha power Secretariat with ‘I better pass my neighbor generators’ — Ihedioha
Governor in an interactive session with online journalists at his residence in Owerri, the Imo State capital, on Tuesday, July 9, 2019, alleged that the state’s former Governor, Rochas Okorocha, ran the secretariat with ‘I pass my neighbor’ generators.
According to the Imo State Governor, Emeka Ihedioha, he didn’t understand the depth of the rot Okorocha left behind until he assumed office.
Taking a swipe at the former Governor turned senator for always being on AIT and Channels TV to claim that he was performing, Ihedioha said;
“I didn’t understand the depth of the rot Okorocha left behind until I assumed office. There were only 4 cars left in government house when I visited the place to start work. Two of these cars had faulty air-conditioning systems. I met a state that was very much run down.
“When I visited the state secretariat, I saw different types of ‘I better pass my neighbor generators’ chained together. There had been no public power supply at the state secretariat for 8 years. Everywhere was leaking. But my predecessor was always on AIT and ChannelsTV saying he was performing. It is the height of wickedness!”
He also accused Rochas Okorocha of selling state assets to himself, family and cronies in his 8-year stint as Imo governor. According to Governor Ihedioha, his first task is to restore public confidence in governance and also bring back state assets.