- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
- Breaking: Tribunal issues subpoena on INEC Chair over Atiku, PDP’s complaints
- Breaking: Yinka Ayefele finally confirms wife’s delivery of triplets in US
- Breaking: Buhari plays video on INEC’s stand on results transmission
- Breaking: Buhari’s lawyer to play video of INEC Chair ruling out electronic transmission
- Breaking: Presidential Election Tribunal admits 48 compact discs as exhibits
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rules in suit seeking sack of Bulkachuwa
- Breaking: Buhari, APC, INEC object to move by Atiku, PDP to play video at tribunal
- Presidential Election Petition Tribunal: Atiku’s witness admits paying N10,000 to soldiers during election
Chukwueze Gets Thumbs-Up From Ex-Liverpool Star Hutchison
Former Liverpool star Don Hutchison has taken to Twitter to express his admiration for Villarreal ace Samuel Chukwueze, after the youngster’s man-of-the-match performance in Nigeria’s 2-1 win against South Africa – an AFCON 2019 semifinal match.
Chukwueze displayed an attacking masterclass for the Super Eagles in the quarterfinal match at the Cairo international Stadium and hit the winning goal in the 2-1 victory.
The 20-year-old became the 2019 AFCON finals’ youngest scorer. It was also his first senior international goal for Nigeria.
Former midfielder Hutchison tweeted in a Twitter conversation about Chukwueze: “What a player mate. English clubs won’t have the balls to go for him. I’ve told loads of scouts/coaches Etc about him! Going right to the top.”
The winger was linked with a switch to Liverpool earlier this year , and he certainly seems to have the blessing of former Red Hutchison.
Chukwueze is a terrific dribbler with blistering pace. His performance against South Africa was superb, and Liverpool could do worse than to make an offer for him this summer.
Jurgen Klopp arguably needs more cover for Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane in the wide areas, with Xherdan Shaqiri and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain preferring to play centrally.
Chukwueze could be a fine addition, and a potential cheaper alternative to Lille star Nicolas Pepe.
After the match against South Africa, Chukwueze told the media: “I feel so happy to be named as Man-of-the-match because it has not been easy for me and the team. I have been working so hard.”