- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
- BREAKING: Fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: Police raid another torture centre in Katsina
- BREAKING: Labour, Reps meeting failed to hold, as NLC seeks new date
- BREAKING: EFCC re-arraigns Atiku’s lawyer over $2m money laundering
- 18 days after kaduna house of horror, chained children found at religious centre in Daura
- BREAKING: Moghalu resigns from YPP, canvasses for electoral reform
- BREAKING: Customs orders complete border import, export ban
- BREAKING: Aisha Buhari leaves UK for Nigeria
Super Eagles Fail Algeria Hurdle, to Play Tunisia In Third Place Match
Nigeria’s dream of a fourth AFCON title has ended as Super Eagles lost 1-2 to Algeria in the second semi final decided in Cairo on Sunday night.
Manchester City winger, Riyad Mahrez fired Algeria into the AFCON final with a sensational free-kick into the far corner in the dying seconds of the five added minutes to regulation time.
An own goal by William Troost Ekong gifted the Desert Foxes the lead while a Video Assistant Referee (VAR) earned Nigeria a penalty resulting from Aissa Mandi’s handling of Oghenekaro Etebo volley from outside the box. Odion Ighalo converted the spot kick.
Nigeria will next play Tunisia who lost 1-0 to Senegal in the bronze match on Saturday.