- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
Collision of Nissan bus and cows lead to injury of four people and death of seven cows in Ekiti
At least four passengers of a Nissan Mazda commercial bus were injured on Monday as the bus ran into a herd of cows on Efon Alaaye-Esa-Oke highway.
A source told newsmen that out of 1000 cows on the road, only seven were killed in the crash.
Newsmen gathered that the crash happened at a steep portion of the road close to the border between Ekiti and Osun States, as the bus, which was speeding, hit and somersaulted into a ditch due to the extent of the crash.
A source told newsmen that “we would have recorded deaths but officials of Federal Road Safety Corps from Ita-Ore, Efon Alaaye Ekiti, who were swift in response and rescued victims of crash and later took four people to hospital for medical treatment.
Spokesperson for The FRSC, Ekiti State Command, Mr Mohammed Olowo, confirmed the incident but said only one passenger was injured in the crash.
Olowo said, “It was even a surprise to many people that nobody died owing to the severity of the accident. But seven cows died during the collision.”