- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
Asset Declaration: Seyi Makinde Following Buhari’s Footsteps – Buhari’s aide
Lauretta Onochie, President Muhammadu Buhari’s aide on social media has praised Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo state for declaring his assets.
Onochie said the governor, who emerged on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP) was following the foot steps of the president and his vice, Yemi Osinbajo, who did the same thing when they assumed office in 2015.
Onochie said this in a tweet on Tuesday: “Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde, has published his asset declaration document, which shows he has in excess of ₦48 billion in both cash and properties.
“Although it’s not compulsory to publish it, he’s following the footsteps of President Buhari and Professor Osinbajo as they did in 2015.
The governor on his part had said his assets declaration was part of the campaign promise he made to the people of Oyo state.
He said via a tweet on Tuesday: “As promised during the governorship campaigns, I will publicly declare my assets to show my commitment to running an open and transparent government.
I picked up a copy of my assets declaration form from the Code of Conduct Bureau today, which will be made available to the media.
“Whilst the Nigerian Constitution 1999 (as amended), does not make the publication of assets of declaration compulsory, I will encourage principal officers of our administration to publicly declare their assets too.”