- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
Wanted Nigerian fraudster arrested in Thailand as he tries to extend visa
A Nigerian alleged email scammer wanted for fraud and taking part in international crime, was arrested on Monday by Immigration police at Chaeng Wattana, Bangkok.
According to local media, Pol Maj-Gen Phaiboon Noihun and his team were waiting for Bertrand Ifeanyichukwu Akile following a tip-off from a member of the public seeking a reward that he would be at Immigration Complex to extend his visa.
Once he arrived Akile was apprehended under a warrant issued for fraud and deception.
“It was as easy as pie. He just came to us” Pol Maj-Gen Noihun told journalists.
It is alleged that Akile was part of a 100 million baht scam headed by another Nigerian national, Onyekachukwu Elvis Smart Ebube, who is already in custody.