- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
Wanted Nigerian fraudster arrested in Thailand as he tries to extend visa
A Nigerian alleged email scammer wanted for fraud and taking part in international crime, was arrested on Monday by Immigration police at Chaeng Wattana, Bangkok.
According to local media, Pol Maj-Gen Phaiboon Noihun and his team were waiting for Bertrand Ifeanyichukwu Akile following a tip-off from a member of the public seeking a reward that he would be at Immigration Complex to extend his visa.
Once he arrived Akile was apprehended under a warrant issued for fraud and deception.
“It was as easy as pie. He just came to us” Pol Maj-Gen Noihun told journalists.
It is alleged that Akile was part of a 100 million baht scam headed by another Nigerian national, Onyekachukwu Elvis Smart Ebube, who is already in custody.