- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
- BREAKING: Fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: Police raid another torture centre in Katsina
- BREAKING: Labour, Reps meeting failed to hold, as NLC seeks new date
- BREAKING: EFCC re-arraigns Atiku’s lawyer over $2m money laundering
- 18 days after kaduna house of horror, chained children found at religious centre in Daura
- BREAKING: Moghalu resigns from YPP, canvasses for electoral reform
The Nigerian Army (NA) Thursday morning said investigation has commenced into the assault of a motorist at Obalande by a man dressed in military camouflage.
General Officer Commanding 81 Division Maj.-Gen Musa Yusuf while reacting to the video said: “Intelligence and Military Police commanders are handling that. We are trying to trace the soldier and where he is serving.”
Public outcry greeted a viral video which showed the alleged soldier identified as Duru I who drove an ash Acura Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) with number plate Oyo AE966YYY physically assaulting an older man.
According to the poster of the video, the incident occurred around 5:16pm on Monday opposite Kam Salem Police Station in Obalande.
video showed the uniformed man driving against traffic and suddenly stopped, came out of his vehicle and slapped the driver of a saloon car on the facing with an order that he comes out of his car.
Narrating what happened, the poster wrote: “We were on the right side of the road coming from Obalende but had to stop as there was an oncoming vehicle in our way. This vehicle should have been on the left side, we honked several times but the vehicle refused to move.
“We then heard other disgruntled drivers murmur “na soldier oh” and so we reversed in an attempt to wriggle our way out peacefully but to our surprise the soldier reversed and intentionally drove forward to hit our car.
“These videos show the altercations right from when we were wrongly hit. His name as seen on his uniform is Duru I.”