- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
The Nigerian Army (NA) Thursday morning said investigation has commenced into the assault of a motorist at Obalande by a man dressed in military camouflage.
General Officer Commanding 81 Division Maj.-Gen Musa Yusuf while reacting to the video said: “Intelligence and Military Police commanders are handling that. We are trying to trace the soldier and where he is serving.”
Public outcry greeted a viral video which showed the alleged soldier identified as Duru I who drove an ash Acura Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) with number plate Oyo AE966YYY physically assaulting an older man.
According to the poster of the video, the incident occurred around 5:16pm on Monday opposite Kam Salem Police Station in Obalande.
video showed the uniformed man driving against traffic and suddenly stopped, came out of his vehicle and slapped the driver of a saloon car on the facing with an order that he comes out of his car.
Narrating what happened, the poster wrote: “We were on the right side of the road coming from Obalende but had to stop as there was an oncoming vehicle in our way. This vehicle should have been on the left side, we honked several times but the vehicle refused to move.
“We then heard other disgruntled drivers murmur “na soldier oh” and so we reversed in an attempt to wriggle our way out peacefully but to our surprise the soldier reversed and intentionally drove forward to hit our car.
“These videos show the altercations right from when we were wrongly hit. His name as seen on his uniform is Duru I.”