- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to transfer El-Zakzaky, wife to Kaduna Correctional Centre
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to release Sowore in 24 hours
- BREAKING: Pipeline explosion at Gloryland Estate, Isheri
- BREAKING: Several injured in Lagos gas explosion
- BREAKING: Senate swears in Smart Adeyemi
- BREAKING: Kidnappers of female students caught, lynched in Bayelsa
AFCON 2019: Algeria defeat Senegal to lift trophy
Algeria are the new champions of Africa.
The Desert Foxes defeated Senegal 1-0 in the Africa Cup of Nations final on Friday, to lift the trophy.
Baghdad Bounedjah scored the winner in the second half, after his effort was deflected into the net.
The second half saw the Teranga Lions struggle to equalize, but the North Africans held firm to win the title for only the second time in their history.
Algeria had previously won it when they hosted the 1990 edition.
On the other hand, Senegal are yet to triumph in AFCON’s history.