- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife moved to Abuja
- Breaking: Lagos records first death in Saudi Arabia
AFCON 2019: Algeria defeat Senegal to lift trophy
Algeria are the new champions of Africa.
The Desert Foxes defeated Senegal 1-0 in the Africa Cup of Nations final on Friday, to lift the trophy.
Baghdad Bounedjah scored the winner in the second half, after his effort was deflected into the net.
The second half saw the Teranga Lions struggle to equalize, but the North Africans held firm to win the title for only the second time in their history.
Algeria had previously won it when they hosted the 1990 edition.
On the other hand, Senegal are yet to triumph in AFCON’s history.