- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
The House of Representatives has turned rowdy over the call for the Kaduna State government to release Ibrahim El-zakzaky.
Linda Ikpeazu moved an amendment to a motion by Mohammed Bello (APC, Kano). Ikpeazu’s motion followed a negatived motion for the federal government to obey court order on the leader of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria.
After the motion was taken twice without any clear majority, the Speaker, Femi Gbajabimila called for division of the house to allow headcount, however, the house became rowdy.
The house, therefore, moved into a closed-door session to take.
The green chamber is presently in a closed-door session.