- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
Politician kills wife, commits suicide after receiving divorce papers
A candidate for the Mississippi state legislature, Carl Robinson, shot dead his wife, Latoya Thompson, and then killed himself after he was served with divorce papers.
According to New York Daily News, Robinson, who was set to participate in the Democratic party primary election in August killed his estranged wife, Thompson at a Potts Camp medical clinic where she was a receptionist.
Marshall County Sheriff Kenny Dickerson told reporters that the man had just received divorce papers from Thompson.
The woman’s co-workers tried to save her, but she died as emergency personnel were bringing her to a helicopter to take her to a hospital, Dickerson said.
Robinson was the executive director of the Commission on Aging and was running for the 5th district of the Mississippi House of Representatives.