- BREAKING: Police rescued 15 hostages in another illegal reformation Centre in Adamawa
- BREAKING: Over 10 people rescued in another ‘rehabilitation’ center in Kaduna
- BREAKING: ICPC declares Obono-Obla wanted
- BREAKING: Another attacks on Nigerians in South Africa
- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of 23 properties linked to Maina
- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of Saraki’s houses in Ikoyi
- BREAKING: Court Partially Varies Sowore, Bakare’s Bail Conditions, adjourns Case
- Three days after impeachment saga, Edward Onoja sworn-in as Kogi Deputy Governor
- BREAKING: Two critically injured as container falls in Onitsha
- BREAKING: Kogi Assembly confirms Onoja as Yahaya Bello’s deputy
Transfer: Newly Promoted Aston Villa sign Trezeguet
Newly promoted Premier League club, Aston Villa, has officially announced the signing of Egyptian forward, Mahmoud Hassan Trezeguet for an undisclosed fee, subject to a work visa and international clearance.
The club disclosed this via its official website on Wednesday.
Trezeguet, an Egypt international, helped his country to the last 16 of this summer’s Africa Cup of Nations, scoring once in four appearances.
The Head Coach of Aston Villa, Dean Smith told the club’s website, “We’re really excited to work with ‘Trez’. I’ve watched him a number of times.
“He’s the type of wide player that we have been looking for who is direct, causes problems for the opposition in the final third and scores goals.”
The 24-year-old started his career with Al Ahly in Egypt before moving to Europe to sign for Anderlecht. He enjoyed a further loan stint with Mouscron in Belgium prior to a switch to Turkey.
A regular at international level for Egypt, he has just returned from the African Nations Cup where he made four appearances, scoring once.
Trezeguet could make his Premier League debut when Villa visit Tottenham Hotspur on Saturday, 10 August.