- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
UNIOSUN students storm streets to protest arrest of students
Students of Osun State University, Osogbo main campus have stormed the streets of Osogbo to protest the arrest of numbers of students from their various hostels on Thursday morning.
Osogbo/Ibokun road have been blocked by the students (protesters) to protest the arrest by the security operatives.
A student of the institution, Tayo Mosadope, told Newsmen that armed security operatives stormed some hostels in Oke Baale area of Osogbo around 7:00 a.m. and arrested about 20 students and some non-students living in the area.
Mosadope said, “The security men that came did not say anything to indicate where they came from. But we know they are operatives of Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.
“About 20 students were arrested. Some non-students, who are living around were also picked up. A staff of the university that was caught recording activities of the security was also arrested.”
Acting Dean of Students Affairs, Mr. Dare Adeyemi, confirmed the arrest of about 15 students of the school by security operatives, adding that the management was making efforts to stop the current protest.