- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
Nnamdi Kanu reacts to killing of Catholic priest, Paul Offu, names those to be held responsible
Leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, has condemned the killing of the Catholic Priest in charge of St. James, the Greater Parish, Ugbawka, in Enugu State, Rev Fr. Paul Offu.
Offu was reportedly shot dead by suspected Fulani herdsmen on Thursday evening.
Reacting, Kanu said such death would have been prevented if South-East governors had allowed the establishment of Biafra Secret Services, BSS, in the region.
Kanu, consequently, charged the people of the region to hold South-East governors responsible for such death.
He stated this in a statement signed by IPOB’s spokesperson, Emma Powerful.
The statement reads: “Rev. Fr. Paul Offu, a priest of the Catholic Diocese of Enugu was shot dead last night by Fulani terrorists along Ihe/Agbudu road in Awgu L.G.A of Enugu State.
“His death is a direct consequence of a disgracefully timid and failed leadership model of acquiescence to the dictates of Fulani rulership in return for crumbs, instituted and perfected by the likes of Nnia Nwodo, Dave Umahi, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Willie Obiano, Okezie Ikpeazu and others in Igboland.
“Years of slavish submission to the whims of semi-literate Fulani cattle herders have reduced two successive generations of Igbo leadership since after the war to mere tools of the Fulani caliphate in their agenda of conquest and subjugation of the south.
“Nnia Nwodo, Dave Umahi, Rochas Okorocha, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Okezie Ikpeazu, Willie Obiano were the key men that connived with this same murderous Fulani terrorists killing us to today, to ban, proscribe, kill and clamp down on IPOB- the only hope of the people.
“Had Ohaneze Ndigbo, Igbo governors and their cohorts supported IPOB in the formation and deployment of BSS, this senseless loss of the life at the hands of marauding primitive Fulani savages from the far north would have been prevented.
“The family of Rev. Fr. Paul Offu and all besieged communities in Enugu and Ebonyi must hold Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Dave Umahi, Nnia Nwodo, Ohaneze Ndigbo, Aka Ikenga, Nzuko Umunna, South East Governors’ Forum and other mushroom Lagos-Abuja based Igbo/Fulani socio-cultural associations responsible for these preventable deaths in our land.
“They are the people that conspired and supervised Operation Python Dance 2 that killed, detained and disappeared many IPOB in the calculated effort of Caliphate to neutralise the credible threat IPOB posed for their invading Fulani terror herdsmen.”