- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
PDP suspends 5 LG chairmen, 9 others in Kebbi
The Kebbi State chapter of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has suspended five local government party chairmen and nine others for anti-party activities.
A statement issued by the State PDP Chairman, Mallam Haruna Saidu on Tuesday in Birnin Kebbi, accused the suspended members of exposing the party and its leadership to public ridicule and disrepute.
He explained that the 14 PDP stalwarts had shown total disregard to the party constitution and its hierarchy.
Saidu also accused them of spreading lies and engaging in sustained campaign of calumny against leaders of the party to promote widespread disaffection among PDP members in the state.
He listed those affected by the suspension as Nuhu Goma, PDP chairman Zuru LGA; Aminu Sawwa, Chairman Argungu LGA; Abubakar Kudu, chairman Maiyam LGA; Bello Bunza, chairman Bunza LGA and Bello Gulmare, the party chairman of Gwandu LGA.
”Others are Zonal ex-officio, Alhaji Ibrahim Manzo; Zonal Vice Chairman Kebbi Central, Alhaji Abubakar Basse; Muhammadu Ruwa, Zonal Vice Chairman Kebbi North, Isiyaku Dauda, and Udulu Manpower the acting State Legal Adviser.
”Also suspended are Yalli Jega, Zonal Women Leader Kebbi Central, Isah Gwandu, Assistant Treasurer and Joshua Bamaiyi,” he said.
According to the state party chairman, the 14 PDP chieftains have been suspended for three months pending further investigation and subject to the approval of the PDP National Working Committee.