- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
Court remands tenant who allegedly kills and dumps landlord’s corpse in a septic tank
A 38-year-old tenant has been remanded in prison by an Ebute Meta Chief Magistrates’ Court for allegedly killing his landlord and dumping of his corpse in a septic tank pending legal advice.
Daniel Isaac who pleaded not guilty but Chief Magistrate A.O Komolafe ignored the plea and ordered that Daniel should be remanded in Ikoyi Prisons pending legal advice from the Lagos State Director of Public Prosecutions.
Chief Magistrate A.O Komolafe adjourned the matter until Sept. 9.
The prosecutor, Kehinde Omisakin had earlier told the court in its first ruling that the accused committed the offence on July 23, about 9pm at No. 5, Owo Odun, St., Ijegun.
Omisakin alleged that the defendant also robbed the deceased, Mr Willy Ebinate, his landlord of his Toyota Camry valued at N2 million.
The prosecution stated that the defendant used a plank to hit the decease before dumping his corpse in a septic tank.
He said the offence contravened the provisions of sections 162, 223 and 296 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.