- BREAKING: DSS disperses protesters seeking Sowore’s release
- BREAKING: Court threatens to strike out charge against Diezani
- BREAKING: Bayelsa APC deputy guber candidate disqualified
- Confusion as Appeal Court rules on Oyo guber poll
- BREAKING: Tam David-West dies at 83
- BREAKING: Petrol tanker burst into flame at Ipaja Road in Lagos State
- Akpabio triumphs as Appeal Court orders rerun in one local govt
- BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Adeyeye, declares Olujimi winner
- BREAKING: Sowore meets bail conditions, to be released from DSS today
- Lagos Fire: Burning building collapses, kills policeman
UPDATE: Court remands 45-year-old man for raping 15-year-old daughter
A 45-year-old man, Durodola Kehinde has been remanded in prison by an Iyaganku Chief Magistrates’ Court sitting in Ibadan for allegedly raping his 15-year-old daughter pending legal advice.
The Senior Magistrate, Mrs Patricia Adetuyibi did not take the plea of Kehinde but ordered that he be remanded in Agodi prison.
She ordered the police to duplicate the case file to the Oyo State Director of Public Prosecutions
Adetuyibi adjourned the matter until October 8 for mention.
ASP Samod Aliu, the Prosecution Counsel, in the charge sheet, alleged that Kehinde raped his 15-year-old daughter.
Aliu alleged that Kehinde committed the offence between 2017 and 2019.
He said the offence contravened the provisions of Section 357 and is punishable under Section 358 of the Criminal Code of Oyo State 200.
Aliu alleged that the girl has been abused by her father since she was 13.