- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
Nigerian man shares news of kidnapped mum’s death, 7 days after launching search on Twitter
Seven (7) days after a Nigerian man launched a Twitter search campaign for her abducted mother, he has expressed his grief through a woeful and heart breaking account of his mother’s death.
Via his Twitter account, @lloydifyd had earlier raised an alarm of his mother, Rev. Mrs. Stella Nwanjah was kidnapped by four armed men in Rumuigbo Area of Rivers State on August 1.
Few days later, he came to update his followers and friends on his Twitter account that his mother has been shot in the face after a ransom of N20m was not paid.
Below are the tweets we gathered;
In other news, a federal high court in Lagos on Friday granted a N1bn bail to a former chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Maurice Iwu, in his trial over an alleged fraud of N1.23bn.