- BREAKING: Buhari receives Lyon in Aso Rock
- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
Money or children do not make a good marriage, Singer Obiwon says
Nigerian singer Obiora Obiwon has taken to social media to narrate his experience as a married man. The singer shared his thoughts on what couples need to do to have a good married life.
The singer, who shared his thoughts on his Instagram page, is also a songwriter and recording artist.
Singer Obiwon expressed that due to his experience as a married man, he noticed that money, intercourse, and children are not what makes a good marriage. He noted that the three things enhance marriage, but they do not form the foundation of marriage.
According to Obiwon, two friends that are mutually yielded to God, and mutually submitted to each other make a good marriage.
He noted that couples need to be humble and unselfish with each other. Obiwon stated that the three remaining things can be added after the foundation of a good marriage has been laid.
His post reads:
In my little years married and from what I’ve seen, I realize:
1. Money does not make a good marriage
2. Great sex does not make a good marriage
3. Children do not make a good marriage
Surely these three things enhance marriage but they do not form the foundation. I opine that ultimately a good marriage is made of:
1. Two friends.
2. Fully and mutually yielded to God.
3. Fully and mutually submitted to each other; yielding humbly and unselfishly to one another – daily.
That to me is the foundation that withstands everything in the world and the imperfections of our human nature. After these than the first 3 can be added as the icing on the cake. If you’re reading this. My prayer for you is this foundation! Solid as a rock!
Nothing special. Just to say I love you @nkechisgram