- BREAKING: Appeal Court varies terms in bail granted Dasuki
- BREAKING: Gov Ayade presents 1.1trn budget estimate for 2020
- BREAKING: Court sacks emirs installed by Ganduje
- BREAKING: Tottenham appoint Jose Mourinho as manager
- BREAKING: Buhari receives Lyon in Aso Rock
- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
Ihedioha reveals why he is after Okorocha
Imo State Governor, Emeka Ihedioha, has told Nigerians not to see the current probe of his predecessor, Rochas Okorocha, as an act of witch-hunt.
Ihedioha stated this while speaking to journalists in Yola, the Adamawa State capital, after he paid a condolence visit to the state Governor, Ahmadu Fintiri, over the death of his father.
The Governor noted that he was awaiting the outcome of the probe report and insisted such investigation was necessary to make Imo State better.
Ihedioha also clarified that the recent revelations about the recovery of N1.2bn and some properties by the state government from the immediate past administration did not emanate from him.
The governor said, “I don’t think I said all those things. Because I am not witch-hunting the former governor.
“There was a committee that we set up that is doing all those things.
“The findings of the committee have not been made known to me. Obviously, this (probe) is to make Imo State better now.”