- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
Ihedioha reveals why he is after Okorocha
Imo State Governor, Emeka Ihedioha, has told Nigerians not to see the current probe of his predecessor, Rochas Okorocha, as an act of witch-hunt.
Ihedioha stated this while speaking to journalists in Yola, the Adamawa State capital, after he paid a condolence visit to the state Governor, Ahmadu Fintiri, over the death of his father.
The Governor noted that he was awaiting the outcome of the probe report and insisted such investigation was necessary to make Imo State better.
Ihedioha also clarified that the recent revelations about the recovery of N1.2bn and some properties by the state government from the immediate past administration did not emanate from him.
The governor said, “I don’t think I said all those things. Because I am not witch-hunting the former governor.
“There was a committee that we set up that is doing all those things.
“The findings of the committee have not been made known to me. Obviously, this (probe) is to make Imo State better now.”