- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife moved to Abuja
Oyetola urges citizens to pay tax
OSUN State Governor Adegboyega Oyetola has urged his people to support the administration by paying their taxes regularly.
He said for the government to actualise its set objectives, people must begin to prioritise their civic responsibilities and ensure prompt payment of their taxes.
Oyetola spoke yesterday at the 2019 ‘Gbagede Oba’ festival at the Aragbiji’s palace in Iragbiji, Boripe Local Government Area.
The governor, who represented by the Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Prince Wole Oyebamiji, said the state’s economy demands support from the people, hence, the need for the residents to join hands with government in its bid to build a virile economy.
Oyetola, who described tax as a veritable instrument for socio-economic prosperity, said his administration would not relent in its efforts to improve on the Internally Generated Revenue (IGR).
He pledged to continue to improve on the welfare of the people through the execution of people-oriented policies and programmes.
Congratulating the people of Iragbiji on the occasion, the governor enjoined them to maintain peace, which the state is known for.
“As we all know, our administration had taken the bull by the horns to bring about the desired development to the state. We have launched revitilisation into all sectors, particularly in the health sector, to ensure that the citizens have access to quality and affordable healthcare.”
The governor’s wife, Mrs. Kafayat Oyetola, also expressed gratitude to the people for being supportive of the administration of her husband.
She congratulated sons and daughters of Iragbiji on the occasion.
The Aragbiji of Iragbiji, Oba Abdul-Rasheed Ayotunde Olabomi, lauded the administration for the maintenance of peace and stability in the state.
He described ‘Gbagede Oba’ festival as an annual event aimed at strengthening peaceful coexistence and harmonious relationship between and among the people of the town.
Chairman of the occasion Alhaji Wahab Adewoyin urged the people of the town to join hands together in developing and taking the town to an enviable height.