- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
Evangelist Beaten For Stealing Phones While Preaching In Ibadan
A self-acclaimed Evangelist, Mr Akinjide Durojaiye got more than he bargained for as he was beaten for allegedly stealing two new mobile phones from a shop he preached at in Ibadan, Oyo state capital.
Akinjide, 49, at Dominion Assembly in Ilare-Ijesa area of Osun state, claimed the “spirit” directed him to preach to the people at a phone shop in Femi Johnson Building located at Dugbe area of Ibadan.
He however left the shop with two phones valued at N70,000, hid in a shop within the complex when chased but eventually got busted by an attendant at the shop. The phones were retrieved from him by the mob that battered him.
The Preacher blamed it all on the devil as he disclosed that he stole to raise money to offset the medical bill of his 7-year-old son who jumped down from a 2-storey building.