- BREAKING: Buhari receives Lyon in Aso Rock
- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
Soldiers killed by Boko-Haram in Jakana ambush, buried
The body of an officer of the Nigeria Army who was killed in an ambush launched by Boko Haram insurgents in Jakana village along the Maiduguri-Damaturu highway has been buried.
The late military officers buried on Friday August 16 were identified as Colonel Kenneth Elemele, Lance Corporal Dimos Daniel, Oguntuase Ayo, Ajijola Sunday and Private (PTE) Akinola Ayoola.
They were buried at the military cemetery of the 7 Division Maimalari Cantonment in a ceremony attended by their Next of Kins and family members.
Six military personnel died in the July 17 attack, however it was learnt that a soldier and a Captain have already been buried according to Islamic rites.