- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
Soldiers killed by Boko-Haram in Jakana ambush, buried
The body of an officer of the Nigeria Army who was killed in an ambush launched by Boko Haram insurgents in Jakana village along the Maiduguri-Damaturu highway has been buried.
The late military officers buried on Friday August 16 were identified as Colonel Kenneth Elemele, Lance Corporal Dimos Daniel, Oguntuase Ayo, Ajijola Sunday and Private (PTE) Akinola Ayoola.
They were buried at the military cemetery of the 7 Division Maimalari Cantonment in a ceremony attended by their Next of Kins and family members.
Six military personnel died in the July 17 attack, however it was learnt that a soldier and a Captain have already been buried according to Islamic rites.