- BREAKING: Court threatens to strike out charge against Diezani
- BREAKING: Bayelsa APC deputy guber candidate disqualified
- Confusion as Appeal Court rules on Oyo guber poll
- BREAKING: Tam David-West dies at 83
- BREAKING: Petrol tanker burst into flame at Ipaja Road in Lagos State
- Akpabio triumphs as Appeal Court orders rerun in one local govt
- BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Adeyeye, declares Olujimi winner
- BREAKING: Sowore meets bail conditions, to be released from DSS today
- Lagos Fire: Burning building collapses, kills policeman
- BREAKING: Chelsea complete stunning comeback to draw with nine-man Ajax
Blackface Sues 2baba, Ruggedman, Faze for allegedly performing songs belonging to Plantashun Boiz
Blackface, ex-member of the defunct music group, ‘Plantashun Boiz’ has taken legal action against former colleagues and music partners, 2face Idibia, Faze and Ruggedman claiming they’ve been performing songs written by ‘Plantashun Boiz’ and himself.
His legal team cautioned the former bandmates, 2Baba, Faze and rapper, Rugged Man to stop performing his songs. He said their actions can lead to damaging the image of the ‘Plantashun Boiz’.
He also posted an official letter from the court suing the above-mentioned trio of impending copyright violation. See the letter below:
The feud between Innocent Idibia popularly known as 2face or 2baba and Amedu Augustine Obiabo better known as Blackface got more heated earlier in the year when Blackface released a single titled ‘War’, which was a ‘diss’ song targeted at his former friend and bandmate, 2face Idibia.
In the song, Blackface spoke on the age-long allegations of copyright theft by 2face and his manager, Efe Omorogbe, as well as demeaning claims alleging 2face was gay. (a claim he now says was just a ‘yab’).
Following the divorce of Plantashun Boiz, only one member of the group, Innocent Ujah Idibia popularly known as 2face has been able to maintain his popularity in the game.
The age-long split of the music group ‘Platashun Boiz’ has been followed by several messy accusations. Right after their split, Black Face and Faze had accused 2Baba of betrayal and theft, claiming that 2Baba’s solo breakthrough hit ‘African Queen’ was a property of Plantashun Boiz.
The duo asserted that 2Baba absconded with the record as soon as the group was dissolved and released it without their approval. While Faze eventually let go of his sentiments and patched things up with 2Face, Blackface continued to be frienemies with Idibia.
But the recent turn of events has shown Blackface doesn’t have issues only with 2face but also with Faze and Ruggedman. The young man is obviously pained by his failure and is looking for people to rub off the blame of his failure on.