- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
Transfer: Barcelona finally confirm €8.5million deal for Coutinho to join new club
Barcelona have confirmed that Midfielder Philippe Coutinho will join Bayern Munich for €8.5 million on a season-long loan.
The La Liga champions made this known in a statement on the club’s official website Monday morning.
The statement read: “FC Barcelona and Bayern Munich have reached an agreement for the loan of the player Philippe Coutinho to the German club for the 2019/20 season.
“Bayern Munich will pay 8.5 million euros and the player’s wages. The agreement also sees an option to buy for Bayern fixed at 120 million euros.
“FC Barcelona would like to thank to publicly thank Philippe Coutinho for his commitment and dedication wishes him all the best in this new stage of his career.”
Coutinho won four titles at Barcelona since joining the club from Liverpool in January 2018.
The Brazilian played 75 games for Barcelona in all competitions and scored 21 goals, providing 11 assists.