- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
Tension in UNIPORT as management orders students to repeat classes
Tension in University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT) as management orders students to repeat classes over inability to register courses online.
This was contained in an official statement uploaded on the school’s portal and it has caused tension in the University community as students lament.
The statement reads thus;
“This is to inform all full-time undergraduate students who paid their school charges and did not register their courses in the first semester of the 2018/2019 academic session, that they are given up to Friday, August 23, 2019 session to apply for Temporary Withdrawal from studies to enable them resume studies in the 2019/2020”.
Students of UNIPORT have taken their agitations to Twitter to purposely express their dissatisfaction over the new order from the management.
A student of the institution, Sheila called out the school on Instagram by describing the order of the management as the height of wickedness and greed from the entire school board on her students and this incident happened as a result of the weak information center of the school amd hereby appeal to management to consider students and parents in their decision.
David Ekanem, Instagram user and student of the school wrote on his timeline that “those that registered manually should not be affected, it was the University that said if you can’t register online, you should register manually in your various department.
The annoying part is that some students couldn’t register cos their school fees didn’t reflect on the portal and they were rectifying it. The federal government should step in and stop this trash. It’s a federal school, a student of the school identified as Omalicha commented.