- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
Lady sells her baby for N500k, tells husband that she lost the pregnancy
A housewife identified as Chinasa Ukaonu has been paraded by the Imo state police command for allegedly selling her baby for N500k after delivery.
The suspect who lied to his husband Promise Ukaonu at the eight-months old of her pregnancy that she wants to stay with her brother in Mbaitoli for a while as part of the plan to sell the baby.
Chinasa Ukaonu who went to a baby factory where two nurses, Esomonu Dorothy and Eke Catherine delivered her of the baby has sent a message of losing the pregnancy to his husband.
Suspecting foul play, Promise reported the incident to the police. Upon being arrested, the mother named the two nurses who helped her out during delivery and also revealed she sold her baby for N500k to one Mrs. Chioma Amadi.
The State Police Commissioner, Rabiu Ladodo said the paraded suspects will be charged to court after investigation has been concluded. He also confirmed that the baby has been recovered.