- BREAKING: Buhari receives Lyon in Aso Rock
- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
8 Causes Of Infertility In Women
Infertility means not being able to give birth naturally after one year of trying and six months of trying for women older than 35. Causes of infertility range from natural, like defects, to man-made.
Infertility is not a woman’s thing alone, as it affects both genders. This article, though, will focus on infertility in women and its common causes.
• Hormonal Imbalance
This can be caused by throw-offs of female hormones in the body, thereby causing hormonal imbalance (PCOS). This can interfere with normal ovulation and it is not common.
• Uterine Fibroid
This a non-cancerous growth and it is formed in the uterus. This growth fills the womb or uterine tract. It can be confused with pregnancy because it grows with time.
• Blocked Fallopian Tubes
The Fallopian tubes are blocked due to pelvic inflammatory diseases caused by infections or STIs. Blocked tubes can also be caused by endometriosis or ectopic pregnancy.
The excessive use of contraceptives can also contribute to infertility in women. Use contraceptives moderately or only under a doctor’s advice or prescription.
This occurs when cells that normally line the uterine cavity are found outside the uterus. This makes it difficult for women to stay pregnant after conception.
• Irregular menstrual cycle
See your doctor if you notice that your menstrual cycle is irregular. It might not be anything serious but it is best to see a doctor.