- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
- BREAKING: Fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: Police raid another torture centre in Katsina
- BREAKING: Labour, Reps meeting failed to hold, as NLC seeks new date
- BREAKING: EFCC re-arraigns Atiku’s lawyer over $2m money laundering
- 18 days after kaduna house of horror, chained children found at religious centre in Daura
- BREAKING: Moghalu resigns from YPP, canvasses for electoral reform
24 hours after abduction in Kidnapper’s den, assembly member got freed
Barely 24 hours after a member of Kaduna House of Assembly, Suleiman Ibrahim Dabo was kidnapped by unknown gunmen, he has been released.
The lawmaker representing Zaria Constituency in Kaduna State’s House of Assembly was kidnapped along Zaria-Kaduna Expressway, close to Farakwai village on Friday August 30.
According to Daily Trust reports, the lawmaker was released on Friday evening after Isha’i prayers.
“Yes, he was released this evening around 8:pm and reunited with his family members. He was not the only person released but I don’t know who the remaining people are,” he said.
On whether a ransom was paid to the victim’s abductors, the source said “that is for sure but I don’t know how much was paid as ransom,” he said.