- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
- BREAKING: Court dismisses Busola Dakolo’s case against Fatoyinbo
- BREAKING: APC has no guber candidate for Bayelsa election, Court declares
- BREAKING: Scores feared dead, many injured as PDP, APC supporters clash in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: We are ready to release Sowore – DSS
INEC to protect NYSC members during polls
THE Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has promised to protect National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) members posted to Katsina State on election duties against insecurity.
The State Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC), Alhaji Ibrahim Zarewa, made the pledge on Tuesday in Katsina while visiting the state’s NYSC camp to sensitise members of this year’s Batch “B” Stream II deployed in the state.
Zarewa noted that conducting free and fair elections in the country is everybody’s business, including the corps members.
The REC said tight security will always be provided at each polling unit to ensure the protection of corps members.
He said corps members have nothing to fear in participating in the conduct of elections.
Zarewa lauded the credible role corps members played, especially in the handling of the Card Reader at polling units.
He said: “Please, be ready for the assignment as the memorandum of understanding (MoU) between the NYSC and INEC was in the interest of the country.”