- BREAKING: Kogi Assembly confirms Onoja as Yahaya Bello’s deputy
- JUST IN: Seven killed in Gov Obaseki’s convoy accident
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
- BREAKING: Fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: Police raid another torture centre in Katsina
- BREAKING: Labour, Reps meeting failed to hold, as NLC seeks new date
- BREAKING: EFCC re-arraigns Atiku’s lawyer over $2m money laundering
Man Jailed For Using Expired ATM Card To Buy Beer, Meat In Benin
An Oredo Magistrate Court has jailed a man for using expired Union Bank ATM card to buy drinks and fried meat.
The 51-year old man, Ikidi Innocent was said to have committed the offence on June 27, 2019, and tricked one Blessing John and Dorothy Amaka to buy meat and beer for his consumption.
Ikidi was arraigned on three count charges of cheating and obtaining by false pretence.
Police Prosecutor, ASP Patrick Agbonifo, told the court that the Ikidi bought fried meat worth N1500, stout beer worth N9000, origin bitters worth N300, and other alcoholic drinks worth N3,430.
ASP Agbonifo said the offences were punishable under sections 516, 421 and 419 of the Criminal Code cap 48 Vol ii laws of the defunct Bendel State of Nigeria now applicable in Edo State.
Presiding Magistrate, Ivie Akhere, sentenced the accused to three months imprisonment without an option of fine.