- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
- BREAKING: Shi’ites bow to pressure, hold 30-minute procession
- BREAKING: Tribunal sacks APC Senator, Orji Kalu
Anthony Joshua reveals what he fears about Andy Ruiz ahead of rematch in Saudi Arabia
Anthony Joshua has claimed “sometimes the ones who are calm and chilled can bark” when speaking about Andy Ruiz during a press conference in London on Friday.
The Briton also rated Ruiz as “the best heavyweight out there”.
Both boxers went face to face in London, as their three-day press tour ended, ahead of their December 7 rematch in Saudi Arabia.
Asked about again being a challenger to the world heavyweight championships, Joshua said: “It’s a great mindset to have and you can’t lose that. The minute you lose it, you’ve got to retire. You’ve got to be hungry.
“I had a blip. We go again. I’m not shy. No fear.”
Joshua said about his upcoming opponent who took his IBF, WBA and WBO belts earlier this year: “Ruiz Jr is calm but he can fight. He is not a fake character who puts on a persona.
“Sometimes the ones who are calm and chilled can bark back, and can definitely fight.”