- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
Xenophobia: Average South African is decent – Adeboye speaks
General Overseer, Redeemed Christian Church of God, RCCG, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, while speaking on the recent xenophobic attacks in South Africa, has advised Nigerians not to retaliate, as an average South African is decent.
Adeboye, made the statement at the September Holy Ghost Service of the church held at the Redemption Camp, Ogun State, PM News reports.
“I need to make an appeal, please listen. Please, don’t think of retaliation against South Africa. I’ll tell you why. In 1966 just before the civil war, Colonel Ojukwu made an announcement in Nigeria.
“He said he couldn’t guarantee the safety of Nigerians and told non-easterners in the east to go home. Suddenly, we heard that the students of University of Ibadan had cornered all the easterners there and requested that the westerners be safely returned.
“Immediately, all our easterner friends changed and started planning how to retain us until their brethren be returned too. While we were all trembling, a man noted for cracking expensive jokes said he had a child and he had hope to be remembered.
“That joke left the remaining of us thinking about our death and how to plan our escape. You don’t know what it is to be in another man’s land. Don’t retaliate against the South Africa because of the Nigerians still in South Africa,” he said.
According to Adeboye,
“anytime you hear a University is rioting, the people involved are less than 10% of the entire university population.
“The average South African is a decent person, those causing the trouble aren’t many.Let us leave this case to the government to sort things out.”