- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
- BREAKING: Shi’ites bow to pressure, hold 30-minute procession
- BREAKING: Tribunal sacks APC Senator, Orji Kalu
Bayelsa PDP Guber Aspirant Joins APC
One of the gubernatorial apsirants of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in Bayelsa at the just-concluded guber primary, Joshua Macaiver has reportedly resigned his membership of the party and joined the All Progressives Congress (APC).
The popular ex-militant leader from the Southern Ijaw Local Government Area of the state submitted his resignation letter to the party chairmen in Olodiama Ward 2, Ward 4 and Constituency 4.
Macaiver, who was the first to establish a campaign office along Isaac Boro Expressway, Yenagoa, scored seven votes out of the 1,244 votes cast at the primary election. In the letter dated September 4, Macaiver cited personal reasons for quiting the PDP.
Sources said Macaiver took the action to support his kinsman who is the APC candidate, Chief David Lyon.
“I, Great Joshua Macaiver, a card-carrying member and also an aspirant at the just-concluded gubernatorial primaryin Bayelsa, wish to express my intention to withdraw from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
The reasons for this withdrawal from the party on this day, 4th of September, 2019 is strictly personal. I am grateful to the party for giving me a platform to be a very active member in its development at the ward level and state in general’ he wrote