- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
PHOTOS: Two Police officers arrested with millions from Kenyan Sh.72-Million (N254m) ATM robbery
The Directorate of Criminal Investigations has arrested two police officers for allegedly possessing millions from Kenya’s ksh 72 million ATM heist.
The suspects, Constable Chris Ayienda Machogu and Constable Vincent Owuor were nabbed respectively.
Ksh 4 million was recovered from Constable Chris Ayienda Machogu while Ksh3 million was recovered from Kendu Bay home of Constable Vincent Owuor of the Administration Police.
The suspects were planning to escape to Uganda with their loot at the time of their arrest.
DCI’s statement reads in full;
Constable Chris Ayienda Machogu, an AP officer was today arrested by SCPU Detectives & Ksh. 4M recovered from him. Upon Interrogation, he led the detectives to his accomplice Constable Vincent Owour, a KP officer, in whose house at Kendu Bay Ksh. 3M and a Subaru Forester were recovered.
In the initial investigations, detectives established that (which was also confirmed through the suspects’ testimony) the said motor vehicle was bought on the same day the ATM Heist occurred, using the stolen money.
The two were planning to escape to Uganda with the cash. Now in lawful custody and assisting in further investigations.