- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
- BREAKING: Shi’ites bow to pressure, hold 30-minute procession
- BREAKING: Tribunal sacks APC Senator, Orji Kalu
Months after public squabble, Yahaya Bello sacks Deputy Governor, picks Chief of staffs as running mate
Few months after Governor Yahaya Bello had a back and forth public squabble with his Deputy, Simon Achuba, Edward Onoja has been picked by Governor Yahaya Bello to serve as his running mate for the November 16 governorship election
It was gathered that the Kogi State Governor reportedly submitted Onoja’s name to the leadership of the All Progressives Congress (APC) during his trip to Abuja last week.
“The chief of staff is the running mate of His Excellency in the forthcoming election. An official announcement would be made soon,” the governor’s aide told newsmen.
“Mr Onoja’s name was submitted to the national working committee of the party when His Excellency visited the party headquarters on Thursday.”
49-year-old Onoja was Yahaya Bello’s Chief of Staff before being appointed his running mate ahead of the Governorship election.
It was further learnt that the relationship between Bello and Onoja who sought the ticket of the former All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) for a house of assembly seat in 2011, predates his emergence as Kogi State’s Governor in 2015.