- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
Curiosity over my daughter’s virginity led me into defiling her for 3 years – Father
A 46-year-old man has been arrested by the Lagos state command of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) for defiling his 14-year-old daughter for 3 years.
While paraded on Monday, September 9, before newsmen, the suspect and father of the victim identified as Chinedu Ifeleka, it was disclosed that Ifeleka reportedly started abusing his daughter in 2016.
The Police Public Relation Officer in the state, Kehinde Mary Bada disclosed that “This incidence according to the daughter happened twice when she was 11 years old. The victim said she reported to her mother but no action was taken”.
The suspect’s daughter, Chinwedu in her statement after his arrest said he abused her again on August 9 while her mother was away at her paternal grandmother’s place.
“The daughter said her father woke her up at about 2:25 a.m to start touching her inappropriately after which he had carnal knowledge of her,” the corps said.
Confirming the incident, the victim’s mother Mrs. Florence Ifeleka said she was scared to report the first two incidences because her husband threatened to deal with her ruthlessly if she did.
Chinedu who confessed to abusing his daughter, said his daughter’s habit of coming home late whenever she leaves the house made him curious over her virginity. Blaming his actions on the devil, the arrested father said he was tempted to start abusing his daughter after a continous check of her panties.
The Commandant, Mr. Cyprian E Otoibhi told newsmen that “the suspect will face the full wrath of the law and will be handed over to the appropriate agency for further investigation and prosecution.”