- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
Buhari mourns Ex-UNILORIN Vice Chancellor, Prof Adeniyi
President Muhammadu Buhari has sent condolences to the family of former Vice-Chancellor of the University of Ilorin, Professor Emeritus Adeoye Adeniyi, with an assurance that his contributions to national development, especially the educational sector, will always be remembered.
The President, in a statement by the Special Adviser on Media and publicity, Chief Femi Adesina, commiserated with the Governing Board of the University of Ilorin, staff and students over the passing of the 4th Vice-Chancellor of the university, who served for seven years, leaving behind a strong legacy of academic excellence.
As a renowned Professor of Pediatrics and Child Health, President Buhari affirmed that the late Vice-Chancellor’s choice of teaching, research, and providing child care services was most remarkable, reflecting his love for humanity and ensuring a healthy society.
The President prayed that God will grant Adeniyi’s soul eternal rest.