- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
PHOTOS: EFCC arrests 13 yahoo boys in Enugu
Men of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has arrested 13 internet fraudsters popularly known as Yahoo Boys in Enugu.
The suspects were arrested by operatives of the Enugu Zonal office of the anti-graft agency during a raid at their residence in Lomalinda Extension of Maryland, Enugu.
The arrested suspects were identified as Frank Ikechukwu,Bright Alozie, Aloysious Ani, Ikenna Kingsley,Prince Ofoeze, David Ugonna, Prinewill Onyia,Chibuike Ebulue, Charles Chinedu,Christopher Patrick, Emeka Joel, Valentino Simon and Joseph Ani.
Cars among other valubales were recovered from the suspected internet fraudsters.
EFCC’s statement reads in part;
The raid was a fallout of intelligence report relating to their flamboyant lifestyle and internet/cyber related activities which were said to have been used to defraud unsuspecting member of the public, including foreigners of their hard earned monies.
Some of the items recovered when their residences were searched with duly signed warrants include several mobile phones, laptop computers, several Identification and ATM cards, Honda Accord Salon car, three Lexus ES350 cars, a Mercedez Benz C300 and other incriminating documents which are all being analysed.
They will be charged to court soon.