- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
- BREAKING: Shi’ites bow to pressure, hold 30-minute procession
- BREAKING: Tribunal sacks APC Senator, Orji Kalu
Tragedy struck in Anambra community as three-storey building, prison wall collapse
Tragedy struck in Anambra state as a three-storey building collapsed after a heavy downpour in Onitsha.
This sad incident happened on Wednesday, September 11.
The owner of the house identified as Chukwuma Njeka even though the value of the property located at No. 22 Nkisi Aroli street in Onitsha is yet to be ascertained as at the time of reportage.
It was also learnt that the rear fence of the Onitsha custodial centre (formerly known as Onitsha prison) suffered a similar fate as it collapsed at about 6:30 am during the heavy downpour.
No life was lost in the incident, neither did any prisoner escape. The scene was cordoned off by the Police to stop any unforseen development.
The State’s Police spokesperson, Haruna Mohammed confirmed both incidents and he said police officers have been deployed to secure the area.