- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
- BREAKING: Court dismisses Busola Dakolo’s case against Fatoyinbo
- BREAKING: APC has no guber candidate for Bayelsa election, Court declares
- BREAKING: Scores feared dead, many injured as PDP, APC supporters clash in Bayelsa
Tragedy struck in Anambra community as three-storey building, prison wall collapse
Tragedy struck in Anambra state as a three-storey building collapsed after a heavy downpour in Onitsha.
This sad incident happened on Wednesday, September 11.
The owner of the house identified as Chukwuma Njeka even though the value of the property located at No. 22 Nkisi Aroli street in Onitsha is yet to be ascertained as at the time of reportage.
It was also learnt that the rear fence of the Onitsha custodial centre (formerly known as Onitsha prison) suffered a similar fate as it collapsed at about 6:30 am during the heavy downpour.
No life was lost in the incident, neither did any prisoner escape. The scene was cordoned off by the Police to stop any unforseen development.
The State’s Police spokesperson, Haruna Mohammed confirmed both incidents and he said police officers have been deployed to secure the area.