- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
- BREAKING: Shi’ites bow to pressure, hold 30-minute procession
- BREAKING: Tribunal sacks APC Senator, Orji Kalu
BREAKING: Wike breaks ranks with PDP, congratulates Buhari
Rivers Governor Nyesom Wike has broken ranks with the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP) by felicitating with President Muhammadu on his victory at the Election Petition Tribunal on Wednesday.
Wike said he declared his message of solidarity with the President publicly because “it came from the heart”.
The governor said his open congratulation message was more sincere than those of his colleagues, ostensibly in the PDP, who paid nocturnal visits to the president over the same issue.