- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
- BREAKING: Shi’ites bow to pressure, hold 30-minute procession
- BREAKING: Tribunal sacks APC Senator, Orji Kalu
17-year-old Aisha who reportedly set herself ablaze over fiance’s inability to pay N17000 dowry demanded by her father in Zamfara has been taken to the hospital.
It was learnt that Malam Ibrahim Wakkala, the former Zamfara State Deputy Governor is responsible for the medical bills because the girl’s father had no money to take her to the hospital.
Within Nigeria had earlier reported that Aisha tried to commit suicide on Sunday, August 8 in Albarkawa Area in Gusau owing to her fiance’s inability to marry her due to his poor finances.
In other news, the Ghanaian Police has allegedly disclosed that some Nigerians were bursted while trying to smuggle in fake dollars into the country on Monday, September 9.