- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
According to the inspector, ‘they were arrested around a place called Choice, where several pubs operate at night’. She said the police received several reports from residents in the area about nuisance activities of the prostitutes, which have turned the vicinity into a haven for drug peddlers and armed robbers.
Based on the complaints received from residents in the area, the police laid surveillance and subsequently arrested 41 of the prostitutes, most of whom Chief Inspector Eninful said were Nigerians between 18 and 25 years.
She said the prostitutes, sometimes intentionally hoot at, and accuse passers-by of refusing to pay them after allegedly having enjoyed their coital services, and, so, pounce on such innocent people with the help of their gangs of pimps a situation she said has brought insecurity to the whole neighbourhood.
See video below