Friday, 22 May 2026
  • My Feed
  • My Interests
  • My Saves
  • History
  • Latest Updates
Subscribe
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • 🔥
  • FEATURES
  • POLITICS
  • SPECIAL REPORTS
  • ANALYSIS
  • SPORTS
  • NOLLYWOOD
  • EDUCATION
  • OPINION
  • BUSINESS
  • LIFESTYLE
  • HEALTH
  • TECHNOLOGY
  • PRESS RELEASE
Font ResizerAa
WITHIN NIGERIAWITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
Search
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. All Rights Reserved.
National

Osinbajo to commission Ondo South electricity after 12 years black-out

Last updated: September 15, 2019 9:58 am
Adejayan Gbenga Gsong
Share
SHARE

After 12 years of power outage in Ondo South, the Niger Delta Power Holding Company (NDPHC) has said that within the next few weeks its electricity would be reconnected by the organisation.

The Executive Director of the company, Engr. Ifeoluwa Oyedele gave the assurance while speaking with reporters yesterday in Akure, the state capital.

According to him, all is now set for the re-commissioning of electricity restoration projects in the area.

Oyedele said the restoration of electricity supply had been completed in communities like Ajagba, Igbokoda, Okitipupa and Igodan Lisa (OSUSTECH) while rehabilitation of Ore- Okitipupa 33KV line had equally been completed.

He also said that work was on-going on rehabilitation of Okitipupa to Ilutitun 11KV through Ikoya, rehabilitation of Igbotako to Ilutitun 33kv line through Ijuodo, and the rehabilitation of Ore to Irele 33kv line.

The Executive Director said residents of the southern part of Ondo state who have been in total darkness for the past 12 years would smile as the Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo is expected to commission the electricity projects soon.

Oyedele stressed that electricity restoration projects was through the efforts of the federal government. He said” it is now certain that the people of the area will have power supply because the job have been completed. Right now what we are doing is re-commissioning test, our work is to restore power supply.

“This project were conceived by the Vice President, designed by the Niger Delta Power Holding Company and awarded to contractors that have passed the test and it has nothing to do with any individual, state, local government or politics”, he said.

It would be recalled that over 1,000 communities in the six local government areas of the district had been without power supply following an alleged indebtedness of the electricity consumers in the senatorial district.

But, the Executive Director said he was not aware of any debts owed by individuals.

Oyedele also disclosed that the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) had signed an agreement with the Disco in supplying meters to all customers across the country.

TAGGED:Akure SouthAkure south power supplyOsinbajo
Share This Article
Email Copy Link Print
ByAdejayan Gbenga Gsong
Adejayan is an award-winning Journalist and Opinion writer with varied experience in Nigeria. Mail me at AdejayanOluwagbenga@withinnigeria.com. See full profile on Within Nigeria's TEAM PAGE
Previous Article FUOYE: Stop politicising killing of students, Ekiti elders warn politicians
Next Article Why Nigeria may not benefit from $10billion intra-African trade
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Your Trusted Source for Accurate and Timely Updates!

Our commitment to accuracy, impartiality, and delivering breaking news as it happens has earned us the trust of a vast audience. Stay ahead with real-time updates on the latest events, trends.
FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
LinkedInFollow
MediumFollow
QuoraFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad image

You Might Also Like

National

Buhari supporters mocks dead CAN Secretary General who died after allegedly wishing death on the President

By
Ola Peter
National

Xenophobia: Nigerians blast Oby Ezekwesili for attending WEF in South Africa

By
Davies Ngere Ify
Nigeria begins issuing NIN to citizens in US, UK, 14 others
National

NIN issued in Kwara before 2012 invalid – NIMC

By
Davies Ngere Ify
National

JUST IN: FCTA bans #EndSARS protests in Abuja for violating COVID-19 rules

By
Davies Ngere Ify
WITHIN NIGERIA
Facebook Twitter Youtube Rss Medium

About US

 Your instant connection to breaking stories and live updates. Stay informed with our real-time coverage across politics, tech, entertainment, and more. Your reliable source for 24/7 news.

Top Categories
  • World News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Tech
  • Health
  • Travel
Usefull Links
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with US
  • Complaint
  • Privacy Policy
  • Cookie Policy

© . All Rights Reserved.