- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
- BREAKING: Fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: Police raid another torture centre in Katsina
- BREAKING: Labour, Reps meeting failed to hold, as NLC seeks new date
- BREAKING: EFCC re-arraigns Atiku’s lawyer over $2m money laundering
- 18 days after kaduna house of horror, chained children found at religious centre in Daura
- BREAKING: Moghalu resigns from YPP, canvasses for electoral reform
Gunmen kidnap Senior Advocate of Nigeria in Delta State
A Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), Chief Chika Onyemenam has been kidnapped by unknown gunmen suspected to be kidnappers on Saturday in Asaba, the capital of Delta state.
This sad event has been confirmed by a member of the lawyer’s firm, Chika Onyemenam and Associates who revealed that the family of the abducted are in communication with the abducted and his abductors.
In a statement issued by the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) Delta chapter, the association confirmed the abduction and urged security agencies to quickly intervene and rescue its abducted member.
“The Nigerian Bar Association, Asaba Branch is deeply saddened by the abduction of CHIKE ONYEMENAM, SA,N on Saturday 14th September, 2019″ the statement reads.
“This is one case too many. The Branch condemns in its entirety kidnap of its member and calls on all the security agencies to immediately swing into action to ensure his safe and early rescue or release from the hands of his lawless and evil abductors.
“We call on the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to rejig and restructure the nation’s security architecture and infrastructure to ensure its effectiveness in addressing the activities of criminals in our society.
“This ugly trend of incessant abduction of persons, especially Legal Practitioners must stop and these heartless criminals brought to justice. And if they cannot be brought to justice, justice should be brought to them.
“We cannot continue this way or allow this ugly state of affairs to continue unabated.
“We therefore also call on the Governor of Delta State, Inspector General of Police and Commissioner of Police, Delta State to immediately rise up to the occasion and do all within their means to ensure the safety of lives and properties in Asaba in particular and Delta State in general.
“We pray God for the safe and early release of our revered Bar leader from the hands of his abductors. God save us all.”
A member of the lawyer’s firm confirmed that: His Family are in communication with him and his abductors and would appreciate if we all would let them take the lead and manage this issue.”
Police are yet to make any statement over the abduction.