- BREAKING: Police rescued 15 hostages in another illegal reformation Centre in Adamawa
- BREAKING: Over 10 people rescued in another ‘rehabilitation’ center in Kaduna
- BREAKING: ICPC declares Obono-Obla wanted
- BREAKING: Another attacks on Nigerians in South Africa
- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of 23 properties linked to Maina
- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of Saraki’s houses in Ikoyi
- BREAKING: Court Partially Varies Sowore, Bakare’s Bail Conditions, adjourns Case
- Three days after impeachment saga, Edward Onoja sworn-in as Kogi Deputy Governor
- BREAKING: Two critically injured as container falls in Onitsha
- BREAKING: Kogi Assembly confirms Onoja as Yahaya Bello’s deputy
Osinbajo Presides over NEC Meeting
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo on Thursday presided over the National Economic Council (NEC) meeting at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
The vice president, by the provisions of Nigeria’s Constitution, is the chairman of NEC.
This meeting is the second since the inauguration of President Muhammadu Buhari’s cabinet for the second term.
The NEC meeting, held monthly, deliberates on the coordination of the economic planning efforts and economic programmes of the various levels of government.
The council comprises the 36 state governors, the governor of Central Bank of Nigeria, minister of finance, Secretary to the Government of the Federation and other government officials and agencies whose duties hinge on the economy.