- JUST IN: Seven killed in Gov Obaseki’s convoy accident
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
- BREAKING: Fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: Police raid another torture centre in Katsina
- BREAKING: Labour, Reps meeting failed to hold, as NLC seeks new date
- BREAKING: EFCC re-arraigns Atiku’s lawyer over $2m money laundering
- 18 days after kaduna house of horror, chained children found at religious centre in Daura
PHOTOS: Man kills three in-laws in Edo
A 44-year-old man identified as Edoghogbo Omorogbe has been arrested by the Edo state police command for killing his mother-in-law, sister-in-law and a six-month old baby.
The sad incident happened at the residence of the deceased ones at Iguadolor Community in Ovia North East Local Government Area of Edo State on September 10.
The mutilated bodies of the deceased identified as Mrs. Alice Omorogbe 52, Mrs. Blessing Efe 25 and her baby were discovered the following day.
Edoghogho who spared a 2-year-old girl while carrying out the attack, said he was angry with his in-laws for hiring boys to beat him whenever he has issues with his wife.
“I am a tipper driver but since the rains started I was doing menial jobs.
“I killed them out of annoyance because my mother -in- law used boys to beat me up. She would say I am talking to my wife. If I quarrel with my wife, she will send boys to beat me up.
“I didn’t know the cutlass will meet the baby. After I killed them, I ran away. Later I came out and went to tell my father what I did. I have not seen my wife since I killed her mother and sister.”
The Edo State Police Commissioner, Danmallam Abubakar said the arrested suspect will soon be charged to court.