- BREAKING: Gov Ayade presents 1.1trn budget estimate for 2020
- BREAKING: Court sacks emirs installed by Ganduje
- BREAKING: Tottenham appoint Jose Mourinho as manager
- BREAKING: Buhari receives Lyon in Aso Rock
- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
Police recover boat, three others from suspected kidnappers in Ogun
The Ogun State Police Command have recovered its boat forcefully taken away by suspected kidnappers from marine operatives of the police command at Ode Omi Area of Ijebu Waterside.
WITHIN NIGERIA learnt that “the boat was forcefully taken away by suspected kidnappers who abducted a muslim cleric and two other residents on August 11 during Sallah celebration.
In a statement released by the Ogun State Police Command, the Public Relations Officer, Abimbola Oyeyemi disclosed that the boat was recovered by the men of the command after the arrest of the suspected kidnappers few weeks ago.
Abimbola said: ‘’The kidnappers stormed the community on Salah Day through the river and abducted the son of the Chief Imam of the town and took them to the creeks. They equally seized a boat belonging to the marine police and escaped with it. The victims were rescued unhurt from their abductors few days later.
‘’ On August 21, policemen who have been on the trail of these hoodlums accosted them and three members of the gang were gunned down during an exchange of gunfire between them and the police , while two members of the gang were arrested alive.’’
Four other stolen boats were recovered when the police stormed the gang’s hideouts, Abimbola further stressed.
The Commissioner of Police, CP Bashir Makama has ordered the invasion of kidnappers where four boats and a police were seized by hoodlums after the decimation of the gang.
‘’The recovered boats have since been handed over to the marine police at Ijebu Waterside.’’