- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
- BREAKING: Court dismisses Busola Dakolo’s case against Fatoyinbo
Mikel declares interest to be Lampard’s assistant
Former Nigeria midfielder John Obi Mikel wouldn’t mind being Frank Lampard’s assistant at Chelsea when he retires. Both Mikel and Lampard were teammates at the Stamford Bridge for close to a decade winning several trophies together.
“I am very happy for Frank. When we were playing at Chelsea, we were expecting that John Terry and him would be very good managers, but we were expecting Terry to reach that level first. But Lampard made a big step. His arrival at Chelsea means the club are caring for their legends,” Mikel told Sport Witness.
“I joked with him after he got the Chelsea’s job that I want to be his assistant when I retire. I hope he will be successful at Chelsea for many more years. I also want to see John Terry in similar jobs in future because he was our leader on the pitch,” Mikel added.